2009年5月11日星期一

I knew it might be a one-time opportunity, and I didn’t want to miss any of them

I haven’t updated my blog for ages. In fact, I was too busy to even pay a visit at it. And it was not a lame excuse for “lazy”. For the last month, the translation orders rushed in like snowflakes from everywhere: the internet, my friends,Rolex Watches and my company. I knew it might be a one-time opportunity, and I didn’t want to miss any of them. Therefore, I dive into any project I could get and I was deeply buried in my work. Pressures were mounting, expectations were high, and the works kept piling up. I was barely left any time for anything else.watchesThe customers always expect high-performance and as-fast-as- possible delivery. Every project I undertook was like a battlefield, where I was not only fighting with the time, with words, but also with the limits of my own knowledge. I was required to write a short speech on new service introduce within in an hour.replica watches I had to finish 6000 words translation within two days plus other responsibilities from my fulltime job. On and on words were organized into sentence through my fingertips. I was so concentrated on my work that I almost forgot what’s going on outside. After the earthquake hit, people around me have become more or less hysteric. The ongoing aftershock had tested everybody’s fragile nerves.Jewellery Watches But I was immune to this prevailing fever of fear thanks to my over tight schedule. There were times when strong aftershocks hit, when everyone else were rushing out of the building, but I was still glued to my chair and kept working on my laptop. At that time it was a blessing not to think that somewhere nearby the city, someone’s home had just collapsed in a puffing mass of dust.

没有评论:

发表评论