2009年5月6日星期三

Baseball gave him his earliest challenge

Baseball gave him his earliest challenge. He was an outstanding pitcher in Little League, and eventually, as a senior in high school, made the varsity, winning half the team‘s games with a record of five wins and two losses.Rolex Watches At graduation, the coach named Daniel the team‘s most valuable player.His finest hour, though, came at a school science fair. He entered an exhibit showing how the circulatory system works. It was primitive and crude, especially compared to the fancy, computerized, blinking-light models entered by other students. My wife, Sara, felt embarrassed for him.It turned out that the other kids had not done their own work-their parents had made their exhibits. watchesAs the judges went on their rounds, they found that these other kids couldn‘t answer their questions. Daniel answered every one. When the judges awarded the Albert Einstein Plaque for the best exhibit, they gave it to him.By the time Daniel left for college he stood six feet tall and weighed 170 pounds. He was muscular and in superb condition,replica watches but he never pitched another inning, having given up baseball for English literature. I was sorry that he would not develop his athletic talent, but proud that he had made such a mature decision. One day I told Daniel that the great failing in my life had been that I didn‘t take a year or two off to travel when I finished college. Jewellery WatchesThis is the best way, to my way of thinking, to broaden oneself and develop a larger perspective on life. Once I had married and begun working, I found that the dream of living in another culture had vanished.

没有评论:

发表评论