2009年3月5日星期四

Early the next morning, a five-year-old with a package of sweet rolls rang my bell

Early the next morning, a five-year-old with a package of sweet rolls rang my bell. Before I could ask him what was going on, Rolex Watcheshe was joined by two of his friends, one with a pound of bacon, the other with a pitcher of orange juice. Within fifteen minutes, my house was alive with all the children on my street, and I had all the food I needed for the usual festive breakfast. I was tremendously pleased, although in the back of my mind watchesI still feared that I would disappoint my guests. I knew my spur-of-the-moment party was missing one important ingredient.At about nine-thirty, though, I had another surprise. Kathy Zack came to my back door.“How’s the breakfast?” she asked.“I’m having the time of my life,” I answered.“I brought something for you,” she said, setting a shopping bag on the counter.“More food?”“No,” she said. “Take a look.”Inside the bag were individually wrapped packages, each bearing the name of one of the children and signed, “Merry Christmas from Grandpa Melowski.”replica watchesMy happiness was complete. It was more than just knowing that the children would receive their customary gifts and wouldn’t be disappointed; it was the feeling that everyone cared.I like to think it’s significant that I receivedJewellery Watches a gift of love on the same day that the world received a sign of God’s love two thousand years ago in Bethlehem. I never found out who to thank for my Christmas present. I said my “Thank you” in my prayers that night—and that spoke of my gratitude more than anything I could ever say to my neighbors.

没有评论:

发表评论